Sleep Research Future Fund
Sleep research is drastically underfunded relative to the prevalence and scope of sleep problems, and the importance of sleep for good health.
While Australia and New Zealand have been at the forefront of global sleep research for several decades, we now run the risk of losing this world-leading role in the future of sleep health.
The Australasian Sleep Association is taking action to help fill this critical gap through the creation of a philanthropic arm of the ASA, called the Sleep Research Future Fund, that will generate income in perpetuity to support early career sleep researchers and their work.
Join the Australasian Sleep Association now in helping to build a research funding stream in perpetuity to support early career researchers in the sleep field, and to positively impact the sleep health of communities in Australia, New Zealand and the world.
A philanthropic donation to the Sleep Research Future Fund will have an impact for years to come.
- Your donation will be added to a capital fund that will generate income in perpetuity.
- By supporting researchers through the early part of their career, your donation will deliver results for sleep health research for decades to come as those researchers develop their careers and discover innovative new treatment approaches for sleep disorders across the course of their career.
What we will do
By focusing on early career researchers, we will create an impact well into the future as those researchers grow throughout their careers.
- A two-year post-doctoral fellowship will cost up to $150,000 per year (Level B).
- A three-year PhD scholarship will cost around $35,000 per year.
- A one-off small project grant of $50,000 will help get great ideas off the ground and develop the case for larger research investment.
Become a foundation donor
Every donor contributing $1000 or more in the first twelve months of the campaign will be acknowledged as a ‘Foundation Donor’ to the Sleep Research Future Fund. They will receive a certificate of thanks and ongoing acknowledgement as a “Foundation Donor”.
All donations to the Australasian Sleep Association are tax deductible in Australia.
Large donations can be made direct to the association’s bank account by contacting the CEO, Marcia Balzer, on [email protected] or 0430 175 310.
Inquiries about making a bequest to the Sleep Research Future Fund should also be directed to the CEO.
Find out more about the Sleep Research Future Fund
Thank you to our foundation donors who have each contributed $1000 or more in the first twelve months to the Sleep Research Future Fund.
Ching Li Chai-Coetzer