Australasian Sleep Association (ASA)
The Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is the peak scientific body in Australia & New Zealand representing clinicians, scientists and researchers in the broad area of Sleep. Its many functions include:
- Promoting education and training in sleep health and sleep medicine within its membership
- Fostering research
- Establishing clinical guidelines
A company limited by guarantee, ASA is run by a Board of Directors, consisting of elected members of the Association.
Provision of world standard research, education and training, and establishment of clinical standards to ensure clinical best practice in sleep medicine resulting in an informed community with healthy sleep practices.
"The mission of the Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is to lead and promote sleep health and sleep science in Australia and New Zealand and to facilitate the professional development of its members by providing education and training, fostering research and establishing clinical standards within the field."
In order to achieve its Mission, the ASA will:
- Promote Education and Training in sleep health and sleep science within its membership and the other health related professions
- Foster Research in sleep health and sleep science
- Establish Clinical Standards within the profession and industry
- Be the recognised Voice of sleep expertise
- Advocate for the professional development of members
- Keep members and the community Informed about all matters relating to sleep health and sleep science
- Provide Services to members
The Australasian Sleep Association became a Company Limited by Guarantee on 1st July 2009, and received an exception to the requirement to use "Limited" in name.
ASA is governed by a constitution that may be viewed by clicking the link below:
15th Jun 16
Congratulations to Nicole Lovato, who has been awarded a 2016 South Australian Tall Poppy Award!
7th Jun 16
Registration for Sleep DownUnder 2016 "Connections" is now available.
To be held 20-22 October 2016, at the Adelaide Convention Centre, the meeting promises to be the "Best Ever".
To view the registration brochure with full details of the programme to date CLICK HERE
2nd Jun 16
Congratulations to Bradley Edwards who was awarded the highly prestigious 2016 James B. Skatrud New Investigator Award.