Australasian Sleep Association (ASA)
The Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is the peak scientific body in Australia & New Zealand representing clinicians, scientists and researchers in the broad area of Sleep.
A company limited by guarantee, ASA is run by a Board of Directors, consisting of elected members of the Association.
A community that recognises the importance of good sleep to health, public safety, productivity and quality of life.
"The mission of the Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is to promote and foster professional education, training and research in sleep health and sleep science, advance the professional interests of its members, establish clinical standards with the profession and industry and to be the recognised voice of sleep research and clinical expertise."
In order to achieve its Mission, the ASA will:
- Promote Education and Training in sleep health & sleep science within its membership and the other health related professions
- Foster Research in sleep health and sleep science
- Establish Clinical Standards within the profession and industry
- Be the recognised Voice of sleep expertise
- Advocate for the professional interests of members
- Inform members and the public on sleep health & sleep science
- Provide Services to members
- Ensure Good Governance within the Association
The Australasian Sleep Association became a Company Limited by Guarantee on 1st July 2009, and received an exception to the requirement to use "Limited" in name.
ASA is governed by a constitution that may be viewed by cllicking the link below:
3rd Jul 15
A music-theatre work about sleeplessness and related themes
Opening at La Mama Theatre in Melbourne on July 29
18th Jun 15
The ASA have been contacted by Philips and notified by them about measures they have taken with the TGA to ensure Philips ASV patients with heart failure are not at risk.
16th Jun 15
A Sleep Health conference will be held in Perth during Sleep Awareness Week 2015.