Australasian Sleep Association (ASA)
The Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is the peak scientific body in Australia & New Zealand representing clinicians, scientists and researchers in the broad area of Sleep.
A company limited by guarantee, ASA is run by a Board of Directors, consisting of elected members of the Association.
A community that recognises the importance of good sleep to health, public safety, productivity and quality of life.
"The mission of the Australasian Sleep Association (ASA) is to promote and foster professional education, training and research in sleep health and sleep science, advance the professional interests of its members, establish clinical standards with the profession and industry and to be the recognised voice of sleep research and clinical expertise."
In order to achieve its Mission, the ASA will:
- Promote Education and Training in sleep health & sleep science within its membership and the other health related professions
- Foster Research in sleep health and sleep science
- Establish Clinical Standards within the profession and industry
- Be the recognised Voice of sleep expertise
- Advocate for the professional interests of members
- Inform members and the public on sleep health & sleep science
- Provide Services to members
- Ensure Good Governance within the Association
The Australasian Sleep Association became a Company Limited by Guarantee on 1st July 2009, and received an exception to the requirement to use "Limited" in name.
ASA is governed by a constitution that may be viewed by cllicking the link below:
15th May 15
TGA have issued an Urgent Recall for Product Correction following a serious safety concern identified during the preliminary primary data analysis from the SERVE-HF clinical trial undertaken by ResMed.
14th May 15
ResMed Update on Phase IV SERVE-HF Study of ASV Therapy in CSV and Chronic Heart Failure indicating Study did not meet primary endpoint.
12th May 15
ASA is seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to fulfil an exciting new role designed to improve education and communication in the organisation.